How Do I?
Helpful hints on how to use the website below. If you need further help, either email firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the bottom right use "Contact Us" or "Live Chat" if we're online. Or use the Contact page which has our phone number.
How do I?
- Find my password (click here)
- Login to the website (click here)
- View my account and membership details (click here)
- Renew my membership (click here)
- Join the HPS (click here)
- Find my HPS Membership ID (click here)
- Know my payments are secure? (click here)
- Manage my account (click here)
- Join a local group (click here)
- Join a special interest group (click here)
- Find orders I've paid for (click here)
- Buy a booklet (click here)
- Take part in a local group - or find the events they have on (click here)
1. Find my password
Click Login to reach the Login page, then click Lost Password. You will receive an email with a special link, enabling you to set a password of your choice.
3. View my account details?
Having logged in to the site, use the Account Details button at the top of the page
This will pop-out a side panel, click My Account Details to see this page. Use the buttons at the top to view information about your account.
4. Renew my membership?
If you have previously paid by standing order or BACS or direct debit:
- Let the payment take place
- We will manually renew or add your membership into our records
- Provided we have your email address, you will receive confirmation by email
- We must have your email address in order to give you access to this website, and your membership records. If we don't have your email address please email us via the helpdesk with your name, address and HPS membership ID
If you want to pay online for a membership (either new or renewal)
- Visit the Shop and buy your membership
- Make sure to cancel any standing order or direct debit, if you have them
If you previously paid by Cheque
- We can no longer accept cheque payments or renewal using paper forms
- If you can please visit the Shop to buy your next year of membership online
- Or contact the helpdesk and explain your circumstances and we will help
If you previously paid on-line by PayPal and wish pay online using a debit card, credit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay:
- Login to your account and then
- Visit your account details page, you should see a page with this row of buttons:
Click "My Subscription" and see details of your existing subscription, similar to this
- If you don't have an existing subscription (and therefore a membership) visit the Shop and buy one.
- If you do see a "Renew now" button then click it and follow the instructions
6. Find my HPS Membership ID
Your HPS Membership ID can be found in multiple places
- In the joining pack posted to you when you first join
- In the order emails when you buy a membership via this site
- In membership confirmation emails from this site
- In the Account Details pages (See above)
- In Resources -> My Membership Details
- Or by emailing the helpdesk and asking (please provide your name and address so we can verify you)
7. Know my payments are secure
We want our money to be safe as much as you, which is why we've taken proper steps to keep everything safe:
- Once you click the 'Place Order' button the process is handed to Stripe
- Stripe is a large, worldwide payment processing service, who support the highest standards of security
- You may be asked to verify your payment, just like any other website
- Stripe themselves implement methods to detect fraud and ensure safety
- We in the HPS do not have access to your card details
- Access to the information within our Stripe account is controlled by strong passwords and two factor authentication and is limited to only a very few people
- The site does not store your card details only a reference to the payment within the Stripe platform
- The site includes a professional level firewall and security layer to stop hackers - it already has resisted thousands of attempts to subvert it
- To be even more safe, we have had the site tested by an external service to establish certification for the PCI DSS standard - something that all e-commerce sites must achieve
- We have achieved technical compliance with PCI DSS (meaning the site passes a barrage of technical tests), and to receive certification will need additional policies and procedures to be provided to an external assessor. This is ongoing work.